Get resolved to elevate your campfire cooking this year. If you’re tired of the weiner-based staples paired with beans, but desperately craving easy-on-the-grill, upscale fare at your next camping cooking, we’ve got your covered!
Here’s 15+ Foodie Campfire dishes worthy of a glamping weekend. #DreamingSummer
1. Grilled Sausages with Charred Tomatoes
Martha goes glamping and we love her style. This stylish twist on a simple sausage grill-up takes campfire cooking up a whole new level.
Our favourite local rub company, Rub That Rubs, has developed a new flavour sensation, ‘Italian Sausage‘. Their no-filler, no msg, low salt rubs are an easy way to elevate your next campfire. And they’re compact in your camping pantry!
2. Gourmet Campfire Pizzas
Who doesn’t love pizza? And it couldn’t be easier to create this campfire pleaser. Here’s a few ‘Essential Tools/Ingredients’ for your Packing List:
- Cooking oil spray
- Heavy duty tinfoil
- BBQ spatula and a tray or cutting board to catch your finished pizza when it comes off the grill!
- BBQ mitts for removing foil-lined pizza crust
- Pre-made pizza dough crust, like Pillsbury
- Fresh ground pepper (you can pre-grind into a ziplock bag to save space)
- Italian dried herbs (oregano, basil, thyme and mix with some salt, seal in ziplock bag)
- Tomato sauce (you can be extra prepared and transport it in a heavy duty ziplock bag, pre-mix it with the herbs above and you’re all set!)
- Pre-grated mozzarella
- Gourmet toppings: prosciutto, chorizo sausage, jarred roasted red peppers, goat cheese, fresh basil, arugula or spinach leaves, pepperoni, grilled peaches
At the campsite:
Have your toppings prepared before you start grilling as this pizza cooks quick!
- Follow the directions here for quick campfire pizza in 25 mins.
- Top and serve.
3. Breakfast Tortilla Rolls
These campfire breakfast rolls are a must for your next camping adventure! Super easy for breakfast or lunch. And if you don’t want to roll them, leave them open, adding some extra cheese and topping with another tortilla for a gorgeous Quesadilla Campfire-style!
Take a peak at Sarah Carey’s Huevos Rancheros Wrap how-to video. Five simple ingredients plus S&P and hot sauce or salsa.
4. Strawberry Sunflower Mason Jar Mornings
Mason jars are a great way to transport your ready-made breakfast. Here’s a scrumptious version from SimpleBalance.ca. Especially handy when your ‘hangry’ little darlings are early risers with an hunger on them for something quick.
Save space in your cooler using one large mason jar and distribute between 4 people.
5. Campfire Charcuterie Board
Here’s three super easy cocktail hour snack boards! Choose from Parisian, Italian & Spanish-inspired fare.
6. Easy Campfire Appetizers
From smokey campfire brie to no-grill starters, here’s some delish beginnings to your weekend meal.
7. Two-way Chicken
i) Piri Piri Chicken
This is simple and truly a gourmet camping dish, if you do the work the night before you leave. Make sure you make your marinade and sauce ahead of time. Pour your marinade into a ziplock and add your chicken. You can freeze this and allow it to defrost and marinade while you travel to your campsite. If you don’t want to make your own Piri Piri rub, try Rub That Rubs Piri Piri, made locally here in Nova Scotia. It’s delicious, free from fillers and excess salt.
ii) Campfire Chicken under a Brick with Lemons
Beautiful roast chicken at your campsite. Brick not included. This recipe uses a whole chicken with back-bone removed. Alternatively, bring two chicken supremes (1/2 chickens) and save the raw-poultry handling time!
8. Your flank covered: Two Ways:
i) Balsamic Rosemary Flank Steak
Again, simply marinate this great cut of meat ahead of time and it’s ready to fire on the grill. The beauty of flank is its minimal cooking time (make sure you let it rest for 10 mins. after grilling) and when marinated, packs a flavourful punch.
*LUNCH LOVERS: Leftovers, if you’ve any, this makes for a great baguette sandwich the next day! Don’t forget the dijon mustard.
ii) Asian Marinated Flank Steak
While we’re on flank, try this marinade for an asian inspired take on our favourite campfire meat.
9. Caprese Salad
Serve this Italian side salad alongside any grill meat and taste the sunshine! Use the freshest local tomatoes and for best flavour, don’t refrigerate your tomatoes.
10. Campfire Risotto
Super Side Dish alert!
A hearty and flavourful side or add some veggies for a one-pot meal.
- Pre-measure your rice
- Pre-chop your onions and ziplock with your garlic.
- Don’t forget the dry vermouth (Martini’s anyone? For another time…) or dry white wine and a chicken cube!
- Ziplock your tub of fresh-grated parmesan to ensure no dampness gets into it in your cooler.
11. Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppers
Super side-dish alert!
Simply awesome and easy to prep, you’re sure to be the envy of the campground when you serve this dish at your picnic table.
12. Lemon & Rosemary Grilled Rib-Eyes with Athenian Potato Salad
A greek-inspired dish we found last year via the Edmonton Post.
13. Prosciutto-wrapped Asparagus
No recipe needed. Super side-dish alert! Wrap spears individually or double them up if your spears are thin. Grill. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if you desire.
14. Elevated Potato Hobo Packs
The Basics: Baby ‘new season’ potatoes, tinfoil, parchment paper and a little S&P and olive oil. This is your foundation. Now you elevate with one of these inspired suggestions and grill for about 25 mins.
- Sprinkle with chopped garlic & rosemary
- Toss in chopped basil and sun-dried tomatoes
- Steam in half a bottle of your favourite local ale
- Chop in sliced onions and dried oregano
15. Peanut Butter & Honey Bars
Make ahead and bring them along! If they last the car ride, these no-bake beauties from SimpleBalance.ca, are perfect for picnics, days at the beach and a mid-day snack. Full of energy and kids love them. They also make for a simple campfire dessert.
East Coast Glamping Inc. specializes in luxury camping experiences throughout Nova Scotia. Less work & More adventure. Get lost-Find beautiful. Check out our Season 2016 East Coast Glamping packages, Coming soon in Feb. 2016.
One thought on “15 Foodie Campfire Recipes for Glamping and Camping”
Comments are closed.