Here’s two dinner ideas for a weekend of glamping with your best-mate. Regardless if you’re escaping it all, you can always bring along some foodie glamour.
Glampy weekend two night dinner menu for two:
- Set-up Heineken or your fave beer
- Smokey Campfire Brie with baguette and spicy Caesar
- Campfire turkey chili (pre-made before departure) to make the first night easy
- Caprese salad
- Marinated Chicken Skewers
- Campfire risotto rice
- Rocket Salad
- Cedar plank (like the kind for cedar-planked salmon): if you have a tub with a lid (like your camping washing up tub), fill with a little water and soak your plank while travelling to your site, so it’s ready-to-go when you arrive.
- Wheel of creamy brie with the white top gently scraped off (do this before you leave to save time)
- Pre-cut baguette in a ziplock bag
- Sprinkling of brown sugar, ziplock in a separate bag, to sprinkle over brie before cooking
- Peach Salsa or fruity chutney
- pre-made chili or favorite ‘hot-pot’
- pre-sliced roma tomatoes
- tub buffalo mozzarella salad
- basil leaves (washed, ziplock in paper-towel wrap)
- good quality olive oil & balsamic
- chicken breasts cut into pieces, placed in large, sturdy ziplock bag with marinade
- skewers or grill basket (to avoid handling raw chick at campsite)
- marinade: our fave includes soya sauce, garlic, ginger, coriander chopped, dash of ginger-flavoured balsamic vinegar, S&P (avoid citrus if marinating longer than over-night). Marinate chicken the morning you’re leaving. Keep in cooler until day two.
- Rocket salad: pre-washed arugula tossed with parmesan shavings and balsamic vinegar, olive oil, S&P
- Campfire risotto cooked on the Coleman in about 20 mins: onion, butter, olive oil, dry vermouth, 1 cup plain rice, pre-made chicken stock, parmesan cheese
- Bevvies: beer, wine, mixings for the perfect Caesar. This is up to the individual glampers – but don’t forget the lemons & limes!
For other meal suggestions, check our our recipe section, which will be growing this summer.
We love big brekkie and picnic-style lunches! Happy Glamping!